You apply to Berkeley but not UCLA? I'm insulted! Berkeley students are like the slightly smarter but much uglier version of UCLA students. But I guess looks of the student body isn't exactly factor when applying to grad school.
Yea the weather here is great. If it is not 80 and sunny, the weather is considered horrible(usually too "cold"). When it rains (currently is) half the class doesn't show up. So people always joke that if we were in the East coast people would hardly go to class due weather issues.
Caltech is crazy, the kind of people that get in are probably a good standard deviation from the rest of us. Although I had a roommate last year who got accepted on an athletic scholarship. He's a bright guy but I don't think he was Caltech level. So maybe if you wrote down you have Brazilian football skills and can coach the undergrads you could've gotten in, jk. Check out this hilarious un-PC article from the Caltech archive: http://tech.caltech.edu/archive/scanned-archive/1955_06_03_56_30.pdf
If you read it, let me know if they are being serious or not, because I seriously can't tell.
You apply to Berkeley but not UCLA? I'm insulted! Berkeley students are like the slightly smarter but much uglier version of UCLA students. But I guess looks of the student body isn't exactly factor when applying to grad school.
ReplyDeleteYea the weather here is great. If it is not 80 and sunny, the weather is considered horrible(usually too "cold"). When it rains (currently is) half the class doesn't show up. So people always joke that if we were in the East coast people would hardly go to class due weather issues.
DeleteCaltech is crazy, the kind of people that get in are probably a good standard deviation from the rest of us. Although I had a roommate last year who got accepted on an athletic scholarship. He's a bright guy but I don't think he was Caltech level. So maybe if you wrote down you have Brazilian football skills and can coach the undergrads you could've gotten in, jk.
Check out this hilarious un-PC article from the Caltech archive:
http://tech.caltech.edu/archive/scanned-archive/1955_06_03_56_30.pdf
If you read it, let me know if they are being serious or not, because I seriously can't tell.