I cannot bitch too much, since I earn my living thanks to my math degree. I teach my classes and tell my jokes, but that is hardly what could be called "doing math". As a matter of fact, I do think that I lead a somewhat depressed life and that is clearly connected to my choice in life. I guess I am just not into work. When I had more normal jobs, I was not happier, but more depressed. Especially after my 9 year failed PhD. Only after finishing another one I started feeling better and reached the current point in my life, where I just do not feel bad. Cannot say I am happy, but at least I don't think it would be better if I did not wake up in the morning.
I cannot bitch too much, since I earn my living thanks to my math degree. I teach my classes and tell my jokes, but that is hardly what could be called "doing math".
ReplyDeleteAs a matter of fact, I do think that I lead a somewhat depressed life and that is clearly connected to my choice in life.
I guess I am just not into work. When I had more normal jobs, I was not happier, but more depressed. Especially after my 9 year failed PhD. Only after finishing another one I started feeling better and reached the current point in my life, where I just do not feel bad. Cannot say I am happy, but at least I don't think it would be better if I did not wake up in the morning.